Airbrush By Crystal's Fan Box

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Fall Beauty Trend - The Bright Lip

Hello Airbrush By Crystal Fans,

It's really chilly today in Chicago... 51 degrees right now. I pulled my winter clothes out from storage a couple of weeks ago and put my summer things away, knowing that the sun would not be coming out any time soon here in Chicago. It's fun to see all of the cute clothes that I put away for the season.

I'm not complaining. I actually like the changing weather. I enjoy the layers, varying textures, sweater dresses, tights, boots and all the accessories. It's fun!

Another thing that I enjoy about the chaning seasons is being able to change my look. I recently died my hair the darkest black that I could find. My natural hair color is just a basic brown, almost leaning toward a reddish. Typically in the summer time, I go a little lighter. So, with my dramatic change, I also decided to change my makeup. No more baby doll pinks, lilacs or summery shades. Now, its time to transition into deeper fall textures and tones.

One of my favorite trends now is the Bright Lip.

This beauty trend is mentioned in the October issue of Glamour magazine. I love this look because anyone can do it. My favorites are reds and purples, but you can really do whatever you want. It's your face, experiment!

Here is a photo of me from Halloween.  I was Rihanna, inspired from the Run This Town Video.  I chose Russian Red lipstick from MAC Cosmetics. I love this color!  It can be used for such a wide range of skin tones and it is perfect for the bride that wants that old-fashioned pop with a soft, natural looking eye.



One very important feature to remember with the dark lip is to pay special attention to your skin.  Flawless skin is a must.  The bright lip will not go unnoticed as you will definitely stand out in a crowd.  Make sure that you have covered blemishes and evened out your skintone. 

I used MAC's Mineralize Skinfinish SPF 15 Foundation, Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Deep Dark (on cheeks as highlight and also for a bronzing effect throughout my face & Notable Blush.  I also chose natural earth tones for my eyes.  I will not mention the colors since you can not see them. 

Remember that when choosing your bright lip look for fall you will need to line your lips.  If you want your lips to appear larger than they actually are a little trick is line a little outside of your natural lip line with a color that is similar to your chosen lipstick shade.  Line your lips, apply lipstick, blot and then apply again.  These steps assure you maximum staying power and lipstick that will not bleed outside your chosen shape causing you to look sloppy. 

I hope this blog helped you to come up with a new idea for your fall look.  Have fun and remember to donate any coats or unwanted clothing items to those in need. 

Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment